-7 C
Fort St. John
Thursday, November 15, 2018
Tel: 250-787-7100
Email: contact@energeticcity.ca
9924 101 ave Fort St. John, B.C.
Advertisement
Advertisement

Advertisement

Greyhound and 2 Trucking Companies responsible for crash

Advertisement

Two trucking companies and Greyhound Canada have been found responsible in a civil suit, over a three vehicle crash in northernwestern Alberta more than three years ago. It occurred in heavy fog on the morning of Aug. 10th, 2005, when a semi-trailer carrying a load of cement powder on Highway 43 near Smoky River hit a second tractor-trailer carrying groceries. A Greyhound bus then smashed into the two trucks, ripping the bus apart and causing serious injuries to two Filipino citizens, on their way to Grande Prairie.

Virginia Rances and her husband Francisco, who has had both his legs amputated, suffered serious injuries and remains in Grande Prairie, unable to return home.

They launched a lawsuit against Greyhound, Trimac Transportation and TCM Transport. Earlier this week, Justice K.C. Nielsen found the three companies liable, with Greyhound being responsible for 40 percent and, the two trucking companies equally splitting the remaining 60 percent. In his written decision, the judge found all three drivers at fault, saying they "breached the standards of professional drivers and the regulations." Mediation is scheduled in February, among the four parties, to determine a financial settlement.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement

Advertisement

Local Events

Doc Walker to play the Lido Theatre

HYPNOTIST: RAY ANDERSON

Jokes N Tokes Comedy Tour

Advertisement

Advertisement

Must Read

Fort St. John gas prices remain high while other regions rates...

UPDATE - One gas station in Fort St. John dropped its price on Wednesday. Gateway Esso is at 139.9 compared to other stations that...