-5 C
Fort St. John
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
9924 101 ave Fort St. John, B.C.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Home News No fire at Humpty's restaurant

No fire at Humpty's restaurant

Advertisement

There was smoke but no fire, at around noon today at the Humpty’s Gas Station and Restaurant.

Fire Chief Fred Burrows confirms the building’s first-stage fire alarm went off today, after smoke started entering the building due to a burnout of a rooftop heating unit.

Chief Burrows says the burnout likely came as the result of the unit being underpowered, and having to overwork to compensate.

- Advertisement -

Burrows says there was no damage to the building, on Alaska Road, with the exception of lost revenues.

[asset|aid=744|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=a24d48d9629b3e4bed92ad26c054037c-Burrows-Humpties_1_Pub.mp3]

Chief Burrows says Hydro crews have been working all day to keep up with problems caused by freezing power lines.

You are reminded to always have emergency supplies ready in case of an outage.

get the latest news in your inbox

Author

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Local Events

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Must Read

MP Bob Zimmer – Weekly Report – Caribou Recovery Program

Bob’s Weekly Report   It’s been two months since local representatives and stakeholders, myself including, began raising the alarm about reports of potential plans for caribou...

GoFundMe Fundraiser for Nicole Reid