Photo: Fire crews enter a house on 93rd Avenue through a window at the top of the building – Christine Rumleskie/Energeticcity.ca
Fire Crews were called to a house fire on 93rd avenue Friday afternoon.
Community Interviews with Moose FM
The fire broke out near the deck of the home, but was accelerated by a propane tank. With the help of the propane tank, the fire spread into the into the attic. Fort St. John Fire Chief Fred Burrows says most of the damage was to the exterior of the home, but some damage was done by water in the basement and the attic.
The damage is estimated to be around $15,000 and $20,000. The cause is unknown at this time, but the Fire Department believes it was caused by something around the deck.
No one was home at the time of the fire. A neighbor and passerby noticed the fire and called fire crews. At one point a neighbor tried to put out the fire with the help of a fire extinguisher.