Canfor has announced the dates for its mill closures across the province.
Some towns face up to four weeks of closures. The Fort St. John operation however, will be closed for two weeks beginning July 20th.
Canfor Director of Corporate Communications Dave Lefebvre says the announcement was made last month, but no dates were set until recently.
[asset|aid=1533|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=7e345286a803f4fa260dd4ef2225e7e5-Dave Lefebvre 1_2_Pub.mp3]
Commencing the week of June 22 until mid-August, the Company will be curtailing its lumber operations for one to four week periods, depending on the operation.
This will remove approximately 95 million board feet lumber production. Lefebvre says employees will not be paid during the summer curtailments.
[asset|aid=1534|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=7e345286a803f4fa260dd4ef2225e7e5-Dave Lefebvre 2_2_Pub.mp3]
Meanwhile, Lefebvre says one major change is to the mill in Quesnel. It will be facing a four-week curtailment, rather than the two-weeks proposed last month.