9.9 C
Fort St. John
Wednesday, July 17, 2019
9924 101 ave Fort St. John, B.C.
Home News Passport needed at US Border

Passport needed at US Border


Today marks the beginning of a new era, for travelers at the Canada/U.S. border.

No longer can they just drive cross the land border, between the two countries, with just a driver’s licence for identification.

Starting today, Canadians — and Americans returning to the U-S — will have to present a passport or some other form of secure identification, to American border officers.

- Advertisement -

The United States started tightening border controls, in the wake of the 9-11 terrorist attacks, even though business groups on both sides of the border are worried, tighter rules could harm two-way trade and tourism.

The B-C government plans to introduce a driver’s licence soon, that can be used instead of a passport.

get the latest news in your inbox



Local Events

Must Read

Chamber Luncheon with Kelly McTaggart of CAPP

FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. - This month’s speaker for the Fort St. John Chamber speaker luncheon was Kelly McTaggart of the Canadian Association of...