-5.2 C
Fort St. John
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
9924 101 ave Fort St. John, B.C.
Advertisement
Home News Second house fire caused by smoldering chair

Second house fire caused by smoldering chair

Advertisement


Photo: Fire crews put out a second fire at this residence on 110th Avenue  on Tuesday – Adam Reaburn/Energeticcity.ca

Fire officials attended a house fire for the second time in four days on Tuesday.

On Saturday, the Fort St. John fire department was called to a residence on 110th Avenue.That fire was caused by an electrical problem.

- Advertisement -

Sometime around noon today, fire crews were called again to the same house. Deputy Fire Chief Curtis Redpath explains what happened.

[asset|aid=1920|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=01ee461984f2eb59338adac4a63b54e3-Redpath 1_2_Pub.mp3]

Redpath says the fire caused some smoke damage and no one was injured.

He says these types of fires do happen but they are not very common.

get the latest news in your inbox

Author

Advertisement

Local Events

Must Read

February 20 marks one year until BC 2020 Winter Games in...

FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. - Tomorrow, February 20, marks one year until the B.C. 2020 Winter Games takes place in Fort St. John.In March...