-10.3 C
Fort St. John
Saturday, November 17, 2018
Tel: 250-787-7100
Email: contact@energeticcity.ca
9924 101 ave Fort St. John, B.C.

Updated – House and Trailer Fire in Pouce Coupe

Photo:  What’s left of a home in Pouce Coupe after a fire Sunday morning – Submitted Phyllis Kalmbach

The two homes in the community of Pouce Coupe have been destroyed by fire.

At approximately 7:30am Sunday, Pouce Coupe Fire Crews were called to the scene of a house fire on 51st avenue.  The home was built more than 50 years ago and crews believe the fire was caused by some type of electrical failure.

The fire spread quickly to a neighbouring mobile home which suffered a large amount of damage to the roof.  Thankfully, a neighbour rushed to the mobile home and woke up the residents after spotting the fire next door.

No one lives in the home where the first fire started, but a young family did live in the mobile home. That family will be staying with relatives in the community and has already received assistance from Emergency Social Services.  The Salvation Army will also be providing the family with clothing and other house old items.  If you’d like to make a donation to the family, you can contact the Dawson Creek Salvation Army on Monday.

Pouce Coupe volunteer Fire Fighters were on the scene for over 5 hours with the temperature as low as minus 42.

If you have any photos or video of the fire, e-mail contact@energeticcity.ca

Photo:  More pictures of the damage in Pouce Coupe – Submitted Phyllis Kalmbach

View Pouce Coupe Fire in a larger map


Local Events

Doc Walker to play the Lido Theatre


Jokes N Tokes Comedy Tour


Must Read

Fort St John Home Hardware Building Centre recognized as Community Leader

NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE, O.N. - The Fort St. John Home Hardware Building Centre recently received an award as a Community Leader at the Outstanding Retailer Awards. Held in...

Huskies to host Navigators on Saturday

Trackers to take on Storm this Sunday