The Big Bam Ski Hill is pleading with the members of the community to donate their time or supplies.
Volunteers are putting in long hours to get the ski-hill ready on time, for its opening on Saturday, January 9th.
Work ranges from finishing building interiors, setting up operations, putting together fencing, setting up signs, general cleaning, or simply shoveling snow.
Volunteers can show up at any time and leave at any time.
Below is a list of positions that are needed before the big day:
Trades People are needed ASAP:
– 2 or 3 carpenters
– 1 or 2 plumbers
– 1 or 2 finishing carpenters
– 1 or 2 gas fitters
– 1 or 2 electricians
– 4 or 5 general labors to do clean up and hang sign
– 2 or 3 volunteers who have general ski hill knowledge
– 2 or 3 people needed for ski patrol on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
– 1 or 2 people with experience setting up terrain parks on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
– 2 or 3 people with first aid qualifications for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
– 1 or 2 tow operators are needed for Saturday and Sunday. All tow operators will need "train the trainer certification."
– 2 people to run retail rental for Saturday and Sunday.
– 50-60 hay-straw square bales delivered to hill.
– 12-15 folding tables delivered to hill.
– 60-70 chairs delivered to hill.
– people to pick up or deliver materials with truck and maybe trailer.
For more information, contact the ski-hill as soon as possible, by calling 250-789-9150. Alternatively, you can just drop by the ski-hill in Taylor.
For more information on the Big Bam Ski Hill, visit www.bigbam.ca