Fire crews attend blaze on 100th street – update

Must Read

Province launches Job Connector Site for BC’s agricultural jobs

VICTORIA, B.C. - In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Province of British Columbia is launching a new website...

RCMP arrest one person and are looking for another after the death of Cody Michaloski

GRANDE PRAIRIE, A.B. - The RCMP has arrested a Kelowna man in connection with the homicide in...

MP Zimmer says the suspension of Parliament is a free pass for the Liberals

FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. - MP Bob Zimmer says the suspension of Parliament until September is a...


Photo: Fire crews inspect this building on 100th Street on Friday – Christine Rumleskie/Energeticcity.ca

 

 

- Advertisement -

Community Interviews with Moose FM


By Christine Rumleskie

 

 

* Update: Fire crews have successfully put-out the small blaze at the Pryndik Bit & Supply Store on Friday. Fire Chief Fred Burrows says the fire was likely caused by a spark from the chimney. He says it got caught on the roof, and began burning through fiberglass panel and eventually through some styrofoam on the roof. This caused smoke to fill the building. Chief Burrows says an elderly man was inside when crews arrived, and was trying to put out the fire.   He was treated in an ambulance on-site and released shortly after. Chief Burrows estimates the damage to be around $1,000.

=================

The Fort St. John Fire Department attended a fire at 8808 100th Street on Friday.

Ambulance crews were also on-site.

The fire is causing minor delays to vehicles travelling in both directions on 100th street.

More information will be posted as it becomes available.

 

More Articles Like This