By Energeticcity.ca staff
The Ministry of Transportation has issued load restrictions on numerous roads in the Peace Region.
Load restrictions will be imposed in the Peace River Regional District, starting Saturday, March 6th at 10:00 a.m. The restriction is in effect 24 hours a day, until further notice.
Meanwhile, the Sierra Yo-yo Desan Road will be restricted to 100% legal axle loading between 10:00am and 10:00pm, until further notice. Overweight axle loads, even where permits have previously been issued, will not be permitted onto the road.
For further information on load restrictions, call the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure at 787-3237 or local weigh scales. Updates will also be available on www.drivebc.ca.
The following paved and gravel roads are restricted to 100% OF LEGAL AXLE LOADING:
NORTH PEACE – 100% OF LEGAL AXLE LOADING
*Alaska Highway 97N from Dawson Creek weigh scales to km 968 (including Arterial portion of Hwy 97N through Taylor, Fort St. John, and Fort Nelson)
* Highway 29N from Peace River Bridge at Hudson’s Hope to junction with Alaska Highway 97N (including 854R through Hudson’s Hope)
* Liard Highway #77
* Road 255 North Underpass Rd, from Alaska Highway 97N to Road 103A
* Road 103A Airport Rd, from City of Fort St. John to Road 255 junction
* Cecil Lake Rd from junction of Rose Prairie Road to Alberta Border
* Clayhurst Road 111 from Cecil Lake Road south 15.8 km to end of pavement.
* Rose Prairie Road from Fort St. John City limits to junction with Road 260
* Montney South Road 121 from Rose Prairie Road west and north to Road 271.
* Road 242 Grandhaven Rd, from Alaska Highway 97N to Road 269
* Road 269 Riverview Rd, from Alaska Highway 97N to Fort St. John Garbage Dump
* Road 520R Canyon Drive, from Highway 29N to W.A.C. Bennett Dam
* Road 145 West Bypass Rd, from Alaska Highway 97N to Rose Prairie Road
* Road 146 East Bypass Rd, from Alaska Highway 97N to Fort St. John city limits and from Road 103A to Fort St. John city limits
* Road 148 Old Fort Road from Alaska Highway 97N south to Crossover Road #240T
* Road 259 Swanson Lumber Rd, from Alaska Highway 97N to Road 103A
* Road 151Beatton River Airport Rd, from Highway 97N to end at km 74
* Road 517 Sikanni Chief Rd
* Road 271 Beatton / Montney Rd, from Highway 97N north to Road 256 (Montney Hwy.)
* Road 256 ( Montney Hwy) from Rose Prairie Road west to Road 281
* Road 281 from Road 256 south to Road 254
* Road 254 from Road 281 west to Alaska Highway 97N
* Prespatou Road, from Road 256 (Montney Hwy) north to Triad 169A/ Mile 30 Road 169
* Milligan Creek Rd, from Road 259 to Peejay
* Road 260, from Rose Prairie Road to Road 259
* Road 259, from Road 260 to Milligan Creek Road
* Road 117 Upper Halfway Rd, from Alaska Hwy 97N to km 54
* Fort Nelson Airport Connector Road 504A
* Andy Bailey Road 513 from Alaska Highway 97N to Park entrance
* Jackfish Road 514
* Doig Road 188
* Takama Drive Road 734
* Gasoline Alley Road 732
* Barber Way Road 733
* Dawson Drive Road 728
* 108 Cutoff Road 246A
* Clayhurst Ferry Road 108 from Cutoff Road 246A south east for 6.4 km (end of pavement)
* 85th Avenue (Holloway Road # 240A) from Old Fort Road to 100th Street
* Road 115, Farrell Creek Road, from intersection with Hwy 29N to the end of pavement.
* Road 253T, Baldonnel North Road from the intersection with the Baldonnel 107 Road north 3.2 km to the intersection with 242C road.
SOUTH PEACE – 100% OF LEGAL AXLE LOADING
* Alaska Highway 97N from Dawson Creek weigh scales to km 968 (including Arterial portion of Hwy 97N through Taylor, Fort St. John, and Fort Nelson)
* Highway 97S from Mackenzie Junction to Dawson Creek weigh scales (including Arterial portion of Hwy 97S through Chetwynd)
* Highway 2 from Dawson Creek to the Alberta Border (including Arterial portion through Pouce Coupe)
* Road 94 Dangerous Goods Rte
* Highway 49 Spirit River Road, from Dawson Creek to the Alberta border
* Arterial highways in Dawson Creek, Hudsonâ€™s Hope and Tumbler Ridge
* Road 26 Hasler Rd
* Highway 29N from Chetwynd north to the Peace River Bridge
* Road 1A Pulp Mill Rd, from Highway 97S to Westcoast Pipeline
* Highway 29S, Don Phillips Way, from Tumbler Ridge to Chetwynd
* Road 208C Pumphouse Access Rd
* Highway 52N and 52E, Heritage Hwy, Boundary and Fellerâ€™s Heights sections, to Tumbler Ridge
* Road 3, Rolla Rd
* Road 200L Lowe Road
* Road 213C Cosins Rd from Highway 49N for 400m
* Road 221 Washington Rd, from Highway 97 to Imperial Access Rd 210
* Road 210 Imperial Access Rd, from Washington Rd 221 east to North Rolla Road
* Road 210 McQueens Rd. from North Rolla Road east to Rolla Road #3
* Road 33 Ranson Rd
* Road 245W Magusin Rd From Hwy 97N south to Parkland Road #7
* Road 12 Jackfish Lake Rd from Highway 29N to Burbee Rd
* Road 64 Old Alaska Highway from 97N (North End) to Road 25 Triangle Road and From Intersection with 97N (South End) to kilometer 3.7
* Road 25 Triangle Road, from Road 64 to Road 235 West Coast Road
* Bessborough Road # 212 from Hwy 97N west to Mason/Semple Road # 237
* Mason/Semple Road # 237
* Road 230T Sheardale Cemetery Road from Rolla Road 3 west for 0.8 kms
* Road 232C Johnson Road from Hwy 97N east for 1.8 km.
* Road 6 Sweetwater Road from Road 219 North Rolla Road to Road 3
* Road 18, One Island Lake Road from intersection with Hwy 52E to kilometer 20.8, Suncor Road.
The following paved and gravel roads are restricted to 75% of LEGAL AXLE LOADING
NORTH PEACE – 75% OF LEGAL AXLE LOADING
* Road 105 Tank Farm Rd from Baldonnel Road to intersection with 238U Cassidy Rd.
* 106 Schalwm Rd from intersection with 238U Cassidy Road to end.
* Rose Prairie Road from Road 260 north to Prespatou Road.
* Road 184 Siphon Creek Rd
* Road 117 Upper Halfway Rd, from km 54 to the end
* Road 123 Graham River Road
* Road 187 Cypress Creek Rd
* Road 265A (100th St.) from 85th Ave. south to Mason Road 240
SOUTH PEACE – 75% OF LEGAL AXLE LOADING
* Road 12 Jackfish Lake Rd, from Burbee Rd to termination of road
* Briar Ridge Road 4, from Hwy 2 to Hwy 49
* Road 215 Pederson Road from intersection with Hwy 2 to intersection with Road 206M Backroad
* Road 206M Backroad from intersection with Road 215 Paderson Road east to termination of Road.
* Road 213A from intersection with Road 206M to intersection with Road 206D.
3. All other paved and gravel roads in the Peace District, except those noted above are restricted to 70% LEGAL AXLE LOADING.
4. Triad Road 169A is restricted to 50% LEGAL AXLE LOADING