House explosion in Chetwynd

Must Read

Inconnu Swim Club at Safeway this Sunday selling tickets for Fall Raffle

FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. - The Fort St. John Inconnu Swim Club will be at Safeway tomorrow,...

Investigators seeking victims of alleged sexual offender

PRINCE GEORGE, B.C. - Prince George RCMP Investigators are seeking victims of an alleged sexual offender.

Trackers host and win at 4th Annual Foodbank Hockey Game on Friday

FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. - The Northeast B.C. Yukon Midget Trackers were host to their 4th...

No one was hurt in a house explosion in Chetwynd.

On August 21, at about 4:00 pm, the Fire Department received a call of an explosion and fire at a residence in the Crown subdivision of Chetwynd.

The owner of the home was stripping linoleum using acetate.  The fumes from the acetate built up and exploded from contact with the pilot light of the furnace.

- Advertisement -

The ensuing fire was extinguished by the quick action of the young daughter who was home at the time.  The resident received only minor injuries, but there was substantial damage to the home.

The Chetwynd Fire Department reminds all residents to please be careful at all times and to call 911 at all times in case of an emergency or to report any suspicious activity at all times. 

If you have any photos or video of the explosion, email contact@energeticcity-beta.mystagingwebsite.com

More Articles Like This