-0.2 C
Fort St. John
Monday, March 25, 2019
9924 101 ave Fort St. John, B.C.
Advertisement
Home News Second nominee announces leave of absence

Second nominee announces leave of absence

Advertisement

 

Federal Conservative candidate nominee Cameron Stolz has announced he is stepping away from all but his key responsibilities as a city councillor in Prince George to focus on his campaign.

Stolz is taking a leave of absence from his work with the Federation of Canadian Municipalities and as a trustee with the Prince George Public Library. He says he will continue his leave of absence until either a Conservative candidate nominee is chosen or, if he wins the nomination, until a by-election takes place in the Prince George – Peace River riding.

- Advertisement -

The job of city councillor is a part-time position in Prince George and Stolz says he will still represent the city’s residents, while also focusing on his campaign.

So far, six people from across the riding have announced their intention to run for the nomination.

Stolz is not the first nominee to announce a leave of absence. Fort St. John City Councillor Don Irwin has already been granted a two month leave of absence from his responsibilities as councillor to focus on his campaign.

get the latest news in your inbox

Author

Advertisement

Local Events

Must Read

Appeal Court to decide on B.C. pipeline law that would impact...

VANCOUVER, B.C. - A British Columbia Court of Appeal hearing on proposed provincial legislation that would impact the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion has concluded...