Busy morning for Chetwynd Fire Department

Must Read

Local agencies to receive funds from the United Way of Northern B.C.

PRINCE GEORGE, B.C. - The United Way of Northern B.C. (UWNBC) has chosen 21 agencies to receive...

Grande Prairie RCMP arrest male after responding to complaint of suspicious vehicle

GRANDE PRAIRIE, A.B. - On Friday morning, August 7, at 11:45 a.m., Grande Prairie RCMP say they responded to a...

Trails at Fish Creek Community Forest closed for repairs due to landslides

FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. - The City of Fort St. John is advising the public that some of the...

Chetwynd Fire Department had a very busy Sunday morning on December 5, 2010.

At about 6:00 a.m., the department was called to a false alarm at an apartment where a person accidentally set off a smoke detector. Fire fighters arrived at the apartment building and found that the apartment tenants had not evacuated the apartment building and the tenant had left the building without indicating that he had burned his toast.

Tenants of apartment buildings are reminded to please evacuate a building if the alarms have been activated and to only return once it has been deemed safe to return. If a tenant is responsible for a false alarm, please do contact the authorities immediately.

- Advertisement -

Community Interviews with Moose FM


At about 8:30 a.m., the Department was called to a structure fire in the Wildmare Subdivision road area. A structure housing the well and the pumps for a home was ablaze and destroyed the interior of the building. The fire was quickly extinguished by fire fighters. The fire origin was determined to be a faulty portable heater.

The Chetwynd Fire Department reminds all residents to please be careful especially at this time of year. Use extra caution with portable heaters, Christmas lights and please check all smoke alarms.

If you have a false alarm at your home or apartment, please DO notify your alarm company or owner and call 911 immediately notifying that is a false alarm. 

More Articles Like This