18 C
Fort St. John
Friday, September 20, 2019
9924 101 ave Fort St. John, B.C.
Advertisement
Home News Hot dogs responsible for fire call

Hot dogs responsible for fire call

 

Photo: Fire department responds to call late Wednesday evening/ Submitted by Kyle Thomas

 

Hot dogs were the cause of a fire call late Wednesday night in Fort St. John.

According to Deputy Fire Chief Curtis Redpath, firefighters were called to an apartment building at 85 Ave. and 86 St. just after midnight.

Three fire trucks responded to the call and firefighters found an apartment filled with a large amount of smoke.

Upon further investigation, the department discovered that a pot had been left unattended on a stove because the tenant fell asleep on the couch.

The contents of the pot were burned, causing a large amount of smoke to fill the suite. No fire actually occurred as a result of the incident and no one was hurt.

get the latest news in your inbox

Author

Local Events

Must Read

Huskies on the road tonight in Grande Prairie for first game...

FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. - The Fort St. John Huskies are on the road tonight to Grande Prairie for the first game of the...