Photo: Fire department responds to call late Wednesday evening/ Submitted by Kyle Thomas
Community Interviews with Moose FM
Hot dogs were the cause of a fire call late Wednesday night in Fort St. John.
According to Deputy Fire Chief Curtis Redpath, firefighters were called to an apartment building at 85 Ave. and 86 St. just after midnight.
Three fire trucks responded to the call and firefighters found an apartment filled with a large amount of smoke.
Upon further investigation, the department discovered that a pot had been left unattended on a stove because the tenant fell asleep on the couch.
The contents of the pot were burned, causing a large amount of smoke to fill the suite. No fire actually occurred as a result of the incident and no one was hurt.