Busy weekend on the road for the Knights of Columbus Flyers

Must Read

Wilkinson aims to be B.C. premier after cabinet role, working as doctor and lawyer

VANCOUVER — Former cabinet colleague Bill Bennett warns anyone verbally sparring with B.C. Liberal Leader Andrew Wilkinson to be...

A QuickSketch of British Columbia Liberal Leader Andrew Wilkinson

A sketch of Andrew Wilkinson, leader of British Columbia's Liberal party:  Age: 63.   Family: Married to Barbara Grantham. They have...

Dan Davies officially kicks-off reelection campaign

FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. - Incumbent Peace River North MLA Dan Davies officially kicked-off his re-election campaign on Friday...

Despite a slow start Friday, Jan.21, the Flyers showed some great determination, pulling out a 3-2 win over Dawson Creek, thanks to a one goal, two assist performance by George Seguin-Morin, and two more goals scored by Aiden Harris. Seth Hanna was solid in net, earning the victory between the pipes.

Saturday, Jan.22, the Bantam Flyers began what would be a physically and emotionally exhausting series with the Fairview Bruins. It was the first meeting with Fairview since the teams met in a pre-season exhibition match.

It didn’t take the Bruins very long to get on the scoreboard, as Fairview struck first only 11 seconds into the game. The opening goal seemed to spark the Flyers, who responded with three goals of their own. Josh Robinson, Alex Hartman and Ricky Bateman all combined for the first two, then Brysan Eklund scored to make it 3-1, with assists going to Gavin Gould and Nolan Legace.

- Advertisement -

However, Fort St. John’s two goal lead didn’t survive the first period, as the Bruins scored before the end of the opening frame, concluding the period with the score reading 3-2 in favour of the Flyers.

The second period began with Fairview tying the game at 3-3, but the tie only lasted four minutes, as Eklund scored his second of the game giving the Flyers another one goal lead.

The third period opened with the Flyers leading 4-3 and despite a number of quality scoring chances, the team only managed to score once, with the goal coming off the stick of Nolan Logan. With ten minutes remaining, and the Flyers in prime position with a 5-3 lead, the Bruins scored twice to tie the game at 5-5, then with fifty seconds remaining, took advantage of a power-play and scored the go-ahead goal for a final result of 6-5.

The team looked determined for Sunday’s rematch, as the Flyers scored only 13 seconds into the first period. Moments later, Legace and Bateman each scored, extending the Flyers lead to 3-0. Fort St. John refused to take their feet off the offensive gas pedal, as Seguin-Morin scored a couple minutes later, which unfortunately the refs deemed an illegal goal, and was eventually disallowed.

However, before the conclusion of the first, Fairview cut into the Flyers lead, ending the period by a score of 4-2.

The Flyers extended their lead in the second, thanks to goals by both Bateman and Hartman, wrapping up the second period with the Flyers leading 5-2.

Unfortunately, it was a third period to forget for the Knights of Columbus Bantam Flyers, who allowed Fairview to score five unanswered goals, completing the comeback to beat Fort St. John 7-5.


Following the 1-2 weekend, the Knights of Columbus Bantam Flyers sit 4-2 in All Peace action.


- Advertisement -

Community Interviews with Moose FM

Subscribe to our newsletter

Get the latest news delivered to your mailbox every morning.

Previous articleKoc flyers
Next articleEnerjet

More Articles Like This