Leaking propane torch causes roof fire

Must Read

Dan Davies officially kicks-off reelection campaign

FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. - Incumbent Peace River North MLA Dan Davies officially kicked-off his re-election campaign on Friday...

Dawson Creek RCMP detachment experiencing phone system issues

DAWSON CREEK, B.C. - Dawson Creek RCMP are reporting an issue with their phone system at the detachment. According to...

Inland opens new Fort St. John Facility at existing location

FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. - Inland is announcing the completion of their new Fort St. John facility. According to Inland, ...
Erica Fisher

Erica is a reporter for Moose FM and energeticcity.ca in Fort St. John, B.C. She grew up in Victoria, B.C. and received her Bachelor's Degree in Journalism from Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec.

The fire was reportedly caused by a roofer's leaking propane torch, and was quickly extinguished. The building only suffered minor damage, as it was contained to the roofing material.

To avoid another incident like this, fire officials remind users of products like "tiger torches" to check the condition of the hose and to shut off the fuel at the tank, rather than the torch control valve.

- Advertisement -

Community Interviews with Moose FM


Subscribe to our newsletter

Get the latest news delivered to your mailbox every morning.

Previous articleDC Roof Fire
Next articlevolleyball

More Articles Like This