One accused in Chris Ball death involved in fatal car accident

Must Read

School Distrct 60 in good financial standing despite COVID-19 pandemic

FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. - The School District 60 Board of Trustees were presented with the Financial Overview for...

Northern Health Region sees seven new cases of COVID-19

VICTORIA, B.C. – Seven new cases of COVID-19 were confirmed on Wednesday, bringing the total in the Northern Health...

City celebrates National Tree Day with planting of apple trees

FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. - The City of Fort St. John marked National Tree Day, on Wednesday, with the...
Erica Fisher

Erica is a reporter for Moose FM and in Fort St. John, B.C. She grew up in Victoria, B.C. and received her Bachelor's Degree in Journalism from Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec.

It was that accident that revealed a hidden medical condition: Metcalfe has since been diagnosed with serious testicular cancer and only has a 50/50 chance of surviving. In light of this information, the bail conditions against him were amended this morning to allow him to travel to Mexico with his parents for respite from his chemotherapy treatment. His curfew has also been removed. Chamberlain was only given this information this morning, and the diagnosis was made just over a month ago.

On October 17, a jogger was killed by a driver in Anmore, B.C. near Coquitlam where Metcalfe currently resides. Reports show that the car swerved suddenly before hitting him, ending up in the bushes, and RCMP said drugs and alcohol did not appear to be a factor. No charges have been laid in the death of the jogger and no charges were laid against Metcalfe.
Earlier this month, the charges of aggravated assault were stayed against both Metcalfe and his co-accused Joel Christopher Marchand. Metcalfe still faces a charge of assault causing bodily harm, and Marchand had his charges upgraded to manslaughter. Both accused have elected for a trial by judge and jury, and a two-day preliminary inquiry is scheduled for February to determine whether there is enough evidence to hold a trial for Metcalfe. Marchand was released on $10,000 bail yesterday, and has already committed to a trial.
Ball suffered extreme brain damage when he was beaten on the corner of 100th and 100th at 2:43 a.m. on July 22. He later died when he was taken off life support on August 2.
- Advertisement -

Community Interviews with Moose FM

Subscribe to our newsletter

Get the latest news delivered to your mailbox every morning.

More Articles Like This