Investigation into Golf Zone fire inconclusive

The building at the corner of 100 Avenue and 102 Street caught fire at 3 a.m. on March 24 and only the charred remains of the indoor golfing business and Pizza Parlour still stand.

Fire Prevention Officer Simon Caughill says it was difficult to determine if mischief was at play in causing of the fire because of the extensive damage, but says both the fire department and RCMP both agree the cause is not suspicious.


Investigators are still waiting for tests on the level of asbestos in the building before the site can be cleaned can begin, as authorities must be informed on the level of potential harm involved.

As soon as the test results are received, the clean up process will begin.

Until then, security remains around the building for the public’s safety.