When crews arrived on scene, firefighters found black smoke coming out of the venting and along the roofline. Once inside the building, the source of the fire was immediately determined to be a dryer and the fire was quickly extinguished. No injuries were reported and the fire was contained to the dryer. Heavy smoke damage to the rest of the building occurred.
The business owners are hoping to be back in service soon.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation by the RCMP and Fire Department but the fire is not considered suspicious.