The Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare residents to evacuate the premises should it be found necessary.
The district says they’ll try to give as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
Upon notification of an alert, you should be prepared for the evacuation order by:
• Locating all guests or co-workers and designate a reception centre outside the evacuation area should an evacuation be called while separated.
• Gathering essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependents and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc.). Have these items readily available for quick departure.
• Preparing to move any disabled persons and/or children.
• Moving pets and livestock to a safe area.
• Arranging to transport your household members or co-workers in the event of an evacuation order. If you need transportation assistance from the area please call 250-783-0680
• Arranging accommodation for your family if possible. In the event of an evacuation, reception centers will be opened if required.
• Monitoring news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of reception centres.
Further information will be posted on the District of Hudson’s Hope Facebook page and website at www.hudsonshope.ca as it becomes available.
Or you can call the Municipal Office at 250-783-9901.