The alert applies to residents located in the community of Moberly Lake and the surrounding area directly west to the Klin-Se-Za protected area, north along Carbon Creek to the southern edge of Williston Lake to the boundary of the District of Hudson’ Hope.
Upon notification of an alert, you should be prepared for the evacuation order by:
• Locating all guests or co-workers and designate a reception centre outside the evacuation area should an evacuation be called while separated.
• Gathering essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependents and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc.). Have these items readily available for quick departure.
• Preparing to move any disabled persons and/or children.
• Moving pets and livestock to a safe area.
• Arranging to transport your household members or co-workers in the event of an evacuation order. If you need transportation assistance from the area please call 250-783-0680
• Arranging accommodation for your family if possible. In the event of an evacuation, reception centers will be opened if required.
• Monitoring news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of reception centres.
This Evacuation Alert is in addition to the one recently set by the District of Hudson’s Hope.
The Peace River Regional District says they’re working closely with the Wild Fire Management Branch and local industry partners to coordinate emergence response activities to protect the health, safety and welfare of people in the area and to limit damage to property.
You can report fire sightings or the smell of smoke to 1 800 663 5555 or *5555 on your cell phone.