The area restriction will apply within the following boundaries:
– Starting at kilometre 18.5 on the Johnson Forest Service Road;
– then north to Dinosaur Lake, following the south shore of Dinosaur
Lake north to Utah Road;
– then west along Utah Road, continuing west from kilometre 45.5 to
kilometre 60 on the Johnson Forest Service Road (toward Carbon Lake);
– then south for 28 kilometres;
– then east for 24 kilometres;
– then north to kilometre 18.5 on the Johnson Forest Service Road.
It’s hoped that cooler temperatures and the chance of precipitation over the coming days will help in reducing fire activity. Crews are continuing to make progress on the fire and are now in the mop-up stage in most of the southern sections. Ground crews and air support are currently focusing on the northeast edge of the fire.
The area restriction map can be seen by clicking here.