With construction now underway on the Site C Dam project, Hydro is releasing weekly construction schedules. In the next two weeks, clearing work will continue, preparation for worker accommodation will continue and the production of riprap will start. See the full list provided by B.C. Hydro below.
The following construction activities are scheduled to occur September 14 to September 27:
- The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure’s (MoTI) contractor for the public road improvements will continue work on 240 Road, 269 Road and Old Fort Road.
- At the dam site, the worker accommodation contractor will continue site preparation for the worker accommodation camp. The set-up of the temporary camp will continue.
- Clearing, vegetation removal, excavation and road construction will continue on the north bank of the dam site. Trucks will continue to remove timber from the north bank.
- The production of riprap will continue within the existing MoTI Wuthrich Quarry.
- Selective clearing and other work will continue on the south bank of the dam site around access roads and to prepare the area for construction of a temporary bridge, a temporary substation and a new rail siding.
- Work will continue to construct and upgrade the south bank access roads.
- A new 25 kV distribution line will be installed as part of an existing distribution line that runs along public roads, including Old Fort Road, 85th Avenue, 81st Avenue, 240 Road and 269 Road. As part of this work, clearing will continue along the public roads in September.
Please note that all activities listed in this construction bulletin are based on the latest information in our construction plan, and are subject to change.
WHAT TO EXPECT
While this work takes place, local area residents can expect the following:
- There will be additional truck traffic in the area as construction crews mobilize to the Site C dam site and logging trucks remove timber. This will include increased industrial traffic on the resource roads from Chetwynd leading to the construction site on the south bank of the dam site.
- While road improvements are made to 240 Road, 269 Road and Old Fort Road, motorists can expect to encounter traffic control personnel, minor traffic delays and single-lane alternating traffic.
- While clearing occurs along Old Fort Road, 85th Avenue, 81st Avenue, 240 Road and 269 Road, construction crews and vehicles will be in the area. Please use caution.
- Depending on the forest fire ratings in the area, early morning and/or night shifts may be scheduled, in addition to shifts on the weekends.
- Some noise and dust may result in the vicinity of the dam site and along public roads as a result of the scheduled construction activities.
To learn more about the project visit sitecproject.com