On Saturday, teams will face off to pull a fire truck at the Pomeroy Sports Centre, to raise money in partnership with the United Way of Northern BC.
There is a pancake breakfast at 10:30 AM, when participants can register and check in to the events. Later on, a BBQ lunch will be served.
A family fun zone will also be up and running for younger guests to play and have fun.
United Way of Northern BC’s Niki Hedges says the spirit of Fort St. John makes the fire truck pull so successful and exciting each year. “We’ve had fire truck pulls in various communities this year, this one being the biggest,” she said. “The one here in Fort St. John is the biggest, most popular event.”
$28,668 was raised in last years event, and the Progress Energy team raised the most funds, with $18,180.
The teams that are tentatively participating are as follows:
- DGS Astro Paving (Team 1)
- DGS Astro Paving (Team 2)
- 30 Minute Hit
- Canfor Sawmill
- Chances Gaming Centre Fort St John
- City of Fort St John
- Fort St John Child Development Centre
- Killbillies (Roller Derby)
- Spectra Energy Charlie Lake
- Spectra Energy McMahon Plant
- The Green Machine (Rosenau Transportation)
- Shell Canada
- Fort St John Fire Department – a big thank you to the FSJ crew for helping support the event, their team and for the shiny red truck.
- Charlie Lake Fire Department
- Chances (Fort St John Casino)
- BCAS Paramedics