The World Under-17 Hockey Challenge is taking off this weekend, with Fort St. John and Dawson Creek both hosting games.
As the games start, the City has some advice to ensure an excellent experience for fans who plan to attend.
- The City asks people to be sure to read the parking notices, as there is likely to be significant congestion around the arena and there are areas where parking is restricted
- The Arena Box Office will be open 2 hours before game time for anyone who would like to purchase tickets to the game and for the pick-up of pre-purchased tickets
For the safety and security of all hockey fans, the City reminds attendees that:
- No outside food or beverages are permitted in the North Peace Arena
- No outside alcohol is permitted
- Bags may be subject to a search
- Official credentials or a media pass are required for any professional photography
- Once fans have entered through the gate leaving and re-entry is no not permitted
Finally, the City of Fort St. John says to be sure to extend a warm and energetic Peace Country welcome to all of the international visitors and enjoy the great hockey!