From now until 2 PM on December 3rd, the City Council will be accepting proposals from consultants who wish to review their annual remuneration.
The proposals will be evaluated on
- Completeness of submission and project appreciation
- Proponent’s References
The City has listed their scope of services required as the following:
- Sound principles on which to evaluate options for Council’s remuneration
- A comparative review of Council remuneration with similar municipalities
- A review of Council remuneration from a broader perspective. (such as other elected positions, boards, etc. with similar duties and responsibility)
- Consideration of a rapidly growing community
- A proposed formula/calculation for the options proposed
- Recommendation based on established principles
The proposals are to be forward to the City’s General Manager of Corporate Services Mindy Smith. The successful proponent will be notified on December 15th.
The full document, which thoroughly outlines the conditions of the proposals and potential agreement, can be found here.