The Fort St. John Hospital Foundation is officially launching the 18th annual “Be an Angel” Campaign.
During this month-long campaign, the Foundation hopes to realize their goal of raising $250,000 – which can be achieved with the help of the community.
The funds raised will purchase medical equipment that will fulfill an emerging need, and enhance patient care at the Fort St. John Hospital and Peace Villa Care Facility.
With the fundraising from last year’s campaign, the Foundation was also to buy over 30 pieces of equipment.
Throughout November, there will be several opportunities to donate to the campaign, including:
- An invitation to give through mail, with Fort Motors sponsoring postage.
- In donation drop-boxes, located at all six financial institutions (Bank of Montreal, CIBC, North Peace Savings and Credit Union, RBC, Scotia Bank, TD Canada Trust)
- On the Foundation’s website.
- During Moose FM’s Light a Moose radio-thon, November 18th-20th at the Unforgettable Memories Foto Source parking lot
- At the “Be an Angel” Gala, on December 1st at the Pomeroy Hotel
- By buying an Angel ornament at the Foundation office, in the Hospital’s lobby
Those donating $20 or more will receive a charity tax receipt and an Angel pin, compliments of Paladin Inspection.
Donors giving In Honour or In Memory of a loved one will be able to fill out a paper ornament, which will be hung on the Angel Tree in the Hospital lobby.
The Foundation already received a donation of $10,000 from Spectra Energy. Over the past 18 years, Spectra Energy has contributed more than $170,000 to support health care in the community.
The Fort St. John Hospital Foundation can be called at 250-261-7563 for more information about the campaign.