Grande Prairie RCMP is reminding parents to examine their children’s Halloween candy thoroughly and to throw out any homemade treats collected after a pill was found inside a candy bar.
Yesterday, RCMP received a report that a pill was discovered inside of a mini Snickers candy bar.
The adult man had ingested half the pill by the time he noticed the other half inside the chocolate bar.
He went to hospital for precautionary measures. At this time, the type of pill is not known.
According to police, the candy wrapper appeared to have been opened and resealed.