Finally, the first day of recycling collection is here for residents of Fort St. John.
Collection has started for those living in the blue section, and will continue in the same schedule on which garbage pick up occurs in the city – just on alternating weeks.
In preparation for recycling collection, what do you need to know?
- Set out your container by 8 AM on your driveway or lawn for pick up – don’t park it on the sidewalk.
- Place your bin so the arrow on the lid points to the street.
- Make sure there is at least 2 metres, or 6 ft, of space on all sides of your bin. Don’t park it right beside your neigbours bin or parked car.
- Containers must be removed no later than 7 PM on the day of collection.
- Don’t overfill your bin, it has to be able to close. Bins with the lid not completely down can not be picked up by the mechanical arm on the truck.
Stickers on top of the bins act as a guide to what can and can’t be thrown into the blue bins.
More information on garbage/recycling schedules, acceptable items, and rules for the bins can be found here.