Environment Canada has issued a snowfall warning for Grande Prairie, Beaverlodge and Valleyview.
The region could see up to 15cm of snow on Friday, with the snow tapering off by Friday evening. See the full warning below from Environment Canada.
10:38 PM CST Thursday 17 December 2015
Snowfall warning in effect for:
- Co. of Grande Prairie near Beaverlodge Hythe and Demmitt
- Co. of Grande Prairie near Grande Prairie and Wembley
- Co. of Grande Prairie near Sexsmith and La Glace
- M.D. of Greenview near DeBolt
- M.D. of Greenview near Little Smoky
- M.D. of Greenview near O’Brien Prov. Park and Big Mtn Creek
- M.D. of Greenview near Sturgeon Lake
- M.D. of Greenview near Valleyview and New Fish Creek
- M.D. of Greenview near Wapiti and Shuttler Flats Rec. Area
Snowfall, with total amounts of 10 to 15 cm is expected.
An approaching weather system will begin to spread snow into west central Alberta Friday morning. 10 to 15 cm of snow is possible. Snow will taper off Friday night as the system moves into Saskatchewan.
Prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions. Rapidly accumulating snow could make travel difficult over some locations. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.
Snowfall warnings are issued when significant snowfall is expected.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to [email protected] or tweet reports to #ABStorm.