On December 27, 2015 over $140,000 in prizes were drawn for the Fort St John Rotary Mega Lottery.
The Rotary Mega Lottery raised and distributed funds for local Fort St John clubs ranging from dance and sports clubs to childcare and public centres. This year the Mega Lottery sold a total of 10,157 tickets with an additional 5,579 tickets sold in the Fifty/Fifty draw.
The Fifty/Fifty draw raised $55,790 with the winner of the draw, Michelle Turnbull, receiving $27,895 and the other $27,895 going back to local participating clubs.
This year’s grand prizewinner, Angie Alde, can now choose from a 2015 Convertible Chevrolet Camaro or $40,000 in cash.
The second prizewinner, Maureen Plews, won a 2015 RZR 900 XP
All prizewinners will be contacted by phone or they can contact Rotary themselves at 250 785-1972.
All prizes were purchased from local Fort St John businesses.
A full list of prizes and prizewinners can be seen below:
1. 2015 Chev Convertible Camaro or 40,000 : Angie Alde
2. 2015 RZR 900 XP : Maureen Plews
3. 2016 800 summit: Don Velkjar
4. Trip for 4 Disneyland: Warren Mears
5. Mini Quad: Marcy Hewett
6. Bi Weekly House Cleaner for a Year: Doug Davidson
7. Apple I Mac 27: Jim Johnson
8. Generator 3000: Linda Lees
9. Family Ski Package: George Sutherland
10. Kitchen Package: Lynn Wisdatil
11. Panasonic 60” TV: Brant Billings
12. Golf Membership: Tyler Mize
13. Golf Membership: Edna Hansen
14. Yamaha Home Theater System: Jasper Amstrup
15. Broil King: Marie Allard
16. Canoe Package: Toscha Mytron
17. His / Her bikes: Frank Gejdos
18. Watches Bulova: Stephen Kristoffy
19. Helicopter Tour of the Peace: Samantha Loepky
20. Helicopter Tour of the Peace: Mitchell Parenteau