FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Peace River Regional District has issued a new evacuation alert for the Siphon Creek fire.
The fire is now listed over 61,000 hectares in size with 45,000 hectares on the B.C. side of the border.
Here is the area under an evacuation alert:
- Just west of the Siphon Creek Road to the Doig River, north along the Doig River to the junction of the Doig River and the Doig Road, to approximately 23 km north, then directly east to the Alberta border and south approximately 42 km, then west to just past the junction of the Siphon Creek Road.
- Siphon Creek Road going north and starting just south of the 254 Road
- 254 Road, Shoaf Road, 243 Road, Osborn Dump Road, Osborn Road, Buekert Avenue and 268 Road off of the Siphon Creek Road
- Doig Road from the Siphon Creek Road to the Doig River First Nation Reserve
- 256 Road between 221 Road and 211 Road
- 221 Road and 211 Road just north of the 252 Road
Here is a map of the affected area.