FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Peace River Regional District has issued a new evacuation order and changed the existing evacuation order for the Beatton Airport Road Fire.
All residents that have been evacuated are asked to check in at the North Peace Arena. Or you can call 250-794-3310.
Firefighters experienced increased fire activity on Sunday after a cold front moved into the area causing winds to increase. We are waiting for more information on the fire, that should come after 9 p.m. Sunday.
Here is the area under an evacuation order:
- From approximately Mile 77 on the Alaska Highway where it meets Kitt Road, northwest approximately 9 km and then northeast to junction of the Beatton Airport Road and Aitken Creek Road, east along the Buick Creek Road to the Prespatou Road, south along the Prespatou Road to just south of the 264 Road and generally west to the Alaska Highway
Including all properties along the following roads:
- Prespatou Road from just south of the junction with the 264 Road to just north of the Buick CreekRoad
- Buick Creek Road from Prespatou Road to Beatton Airport Road
- From approximately 8km on the Beatton Airport Road to the junction with Aitken Creek Road
- Museum Road, Museum Way, Rodeo Road, Wurzburger Avenue, Otto Avenue and Elevator Road
- Blueberry Res Road and Carter Road off of the Buick Creek Road
- 272 Road off of the Prespatou Road
- 277 Road off of the 272 Road
- 277 Road and 281 Road off of the 264 Road
- 264 Road off of the 279 Road
- Kitt Road, Evergreen Road, and Letkiman Avenue
NPSAR has been tasked by the RCMP tonight to deliver evacuation orders to residents around the Beatton fire area. https://t.co/MdSMJhvWL3
— North Peace SAR (@NorthPeaceSAR) May 16, 2016
There are 136 civic addresses under the evacuation order. Here is the map of the area.
Here is the area now under an evacuation alert.
- East from the junction of the Prespatou Road and Buick Creek Road to the Beatton River, south along the Beatton River to just south of the 264 Road, west along the 264 to just east of the Prespatou Road and then north to the junction of the Prespatou Road and Buick Creek Road.
Includes all properties on the following roads:
- 264 Road east of the Prespatou Road
- 269 Road, 267 Road, 263 Road and 259 Road off of the 264 Road
- 266 Road, 268 Road, 270 Road off of the Rose Prairie Road
- 267 Road, 269 Road and Bergen Road off of the Rose Prairie Road
- Berrensheim Road off of Bergen Road
There are 95 civic addresses under the evacuation alert. Here is a map of the evacuation alert area.
Here is a map as of 9:30 p.m. Sunday May 15 that shows the location of the two fires and the evacuation order and the evacuation alerts that are now in place.