FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. — The evacuation order for the Beatton Airport Road area has been revised.
Members of the RCMP and Wildfire Management Branch helped expedite this earlier Friday morning.
The Evacuation Order is in effect for the Beatton Airport Road Fire in Electoral Area B of the Peace River Regional District:
- Red Creek Road
- 254 Road from the Alaska Highway east to the 281 Road
- 289 Road, 287 Road, 285 Road, 283 Road and 281 Road all north from the 254 Road
- 256 Road from 281 Road to Prespatou Road
- North on the Prespatou Road from 256 Road south west along the Blueberry River, crossing the Beatton Airport Road, to the junction of the Aitken Creek Road, south along Aitken Creek Road to Alaska Highway
- Following Red Creek south adjacent to the Alaska Highway to Red Creek Road including a portion of the Lower Cache Road
- 260 Road off the Alaska Highway, and 260 Road west of the Prespatou Road
- Beatton Airport Road to the Blueberry River
- 272 Road of the Prespatou Road
- 277 Road off 272 Road
- 277 Road north off the 256 Road
- 279 Road between the 262 Road and 264 Road
- 264 Road, 260 Road, 258 Road all west of the Prespatou Road
Those affected by the evacuation order must leave the area immediately, and check in at the reception centre at the North Peace Arena in Fort St. John, by calling 250 794 3310.
Those in need of transportation assistance from the area please advise the individual providing this notice or call 250 784‐3200.
Residents are asked to close all windows and doors, shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers, close gates but do not lock, and gather family members, take a neighbour or someone who needs help, take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and Keys) only if they are immediately available, and take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
The PRRD says to not drive more vehicles then you have to, and do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.