GRANDE PRAIRIE, A.B. – Police in Grande Prairie have charged a man with a number of offences following a report of a man in possession of a firearm.
On Friday, July 8th at around 9:24 p.m., the Grande Prairie RCMP were called to a report of a man walking in the area of 91st Street and 96th Avenue with a handgun before entering an apartment building. Upon arrival, the RCMP’s General Investigative Services and Police Dog Services searched the apartment building where the suspect was found and arrested. A loaded handgun was also recovered during the investigation.
35 year-old Grande Prairie resident David Michael Campbell has been charged with:
- Careless use of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm dangerous to public peace
- Carry concealed weapon
- Possession of a firearm while unauthorized
- Possession of firearm knowing possession is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession of a loaded restricted firearm
- Two Counts possession of firearm contrary to prohibition order
- Two counts Break and Enter
- Obstruct Peace Officer
- Fail to comply with recognizance
- Two counts of fail to comply with probation order
- Possession of property obtained by crime
Campbell is scheduled to appear in a Grande Prairie courtroom later today.