FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Mayor and Council proclaimed that September will also be LiveIt! Green month.
The City says they will celebrate, educate and participate in green activities throughout the month.
They also say they will be raising awareness of the oppurtunities and responsibilities around energy conservation as well as water conservation and recycling, they will be educating people using social media.
Community Interviews with Moose FM
Some of the examples they will be using are:
- Open house at the City owned passive house on September 24th from noon – 3pm
- Open house at the water treatment plan to learn where our water comes from and how to conserve it. Date to be announced.
- School tours of the passive house
- Free reusable coffee cups at various coffee shops
- Free reusable cloth shopping bags at various grocery stores
- Recycling bins provided at the Moose FM Block Party
- Recycling bin inspections by Bylaw Enforcement
- Moisture meters installed in city parks to prevent over watering
“We have planned an entire month of educational tips and activities to provide information on how and why we rethink, reduce, reuse and recycle everything from our waste to our electricity, gas and water. We encourage residents to participate and tell us what they are doing to LiveIt! Green during September, and every day,” stated Julie Rogers, communications coordinator