FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Members of the Fort St. John Fire Department were called out this afternoon after a report of a gas leak at a duplex in the city’s north end.
Deputy Fire Chief Darrell Blades said that the call came into the department about a possible gas leak at a duplex in the 11200 block of 89A St. at approximately 1:00 p.m. Upon arrival, Blades said that crews swept both sides of the duplex searching for signs of a leak.
As of 1:25 this afternoon, crews were unable to detect any signs of a leak, and were waiting for the arrival of crews from Pacific Northern Gas to do a final sweep of the building before giving the all-clear. Crews from PNG were seen arriving on the scene shortly thereafter to conduct the sweep.