FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The City of Fort St. John will be providing a letter of support to the North Peace Pride Society to help their efforts with an application for funding from the Northern Development Initiative Trust BC Hydro Generate Opportunities (GO) Fund to increase support for the LGBTQ2S community in the North Peace.
The society is applying for a $10,000.00 grant.
They want to use the funding for helping with the resources necessary to design and operate various programs in the community including:
- Creating a safe place for LGBTQ2S individuals and families in Fort. St. John and the surrounding area.
- Community education/training for LGBTQ2S inclusion and queer competency.
- Advisory services.
- Drop-in/support programs for LGBTQ2S and their families.
- SMART recovery program (addictions meetings).
- Peer support counselling, family mediation and information tables for community meetings, events and workshops.
“The BC Hydro GO Fund is a grant program supporting Peace Region nonprofit organizations that provide services to vulnerable populations including children, family and seniors. The program is being administered by the Northern Development Initiative Trust on behalf of BC Hydro.”