FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The City of Fort St. John is still working out details when it comes to the 2017 Base Budget Grants.
The following amounts were to be added to the draft budget for 2017:
- Community Arts Council of Fort St. John – $15,000
- Fort St. John International Air Show Society – $40,000
- Fort St. John Public Library Association – $380,000
- Fort St. John Women’s Resource Society – $7,475
- North Peace Fall Fair Society – $5,000
- North Peace Historical Society – $10,000
- North Peace Justice Society – $17,217
- Tourism Fort St. John – $36,000
But as in previous meetings, the library was still the topic of conversation. The City is still trying to work out how much money should go to the Fort St. John Public Library.
Councillor Gord Klassen brought up the fact that there should be around $17,000 extra in the draft budget that he would like to see go to the Public Library.
The City will be deliberating in January once the budget is finalized and they know exactly how much extra funds they have to work with as currently it is just a draft.