FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Today officially marks the start of the Fort St. John Hospital Foundation to “Be an Angel” campaign.
The goal is to raise $250,000.00. The Foundation says the money will be used to purchase medical equipment that isn’t covered in the budget.
“Funds raised will purchase medical equipment that will fulfill an emerging need, and enhance patient care and comfort at the Fort St. John Hospital and Peace Villa Care Facility. With funds raised from last year’s campaign, various pieces of equipment were purchased such as a breast biopsy attachment for the CT scanner, a hysterscope, a gastroscope, and a dialysis treatment chair.”
You can donate through one of the following ways throughout November.
- At the “Be an Angel” Gala, November 5 at the Pomeroy Hotel, tickets are still available.
- An invitation to give via mail, with postage sponsored by Fort Motors
- In donation drop-boxes at all six financial institutions (Bank of Montreal, CIBC, North Peace Savings and Credit Union, RBC, Scotia Bank, TD Canada Trust)
- On the Foundation’s website: www.fsjhospitalfoundation.ca
- During Moose FM’s Light a Moose radio-thon, November 16-18 at the Unforgettable Memories Foto Source parking lot
- Buying an Angel ornament at the Foundation’s office, located in the FSJ Hospital lobby
The Foundation says that donors contributing $20 or more will receive a charity tax receipt and an Angel pin, compliments of Paladin Inspection. Donors that are giving In Honour or In Memory of a loved one will be able to fill out a paper ornament that will be hung on the Angel Tree in the Hospital lobby.
The Gala still has 70 tickets remaining to be sold. Tickets are $100 each. The Gala takes place this Saturday, November 5, 2016.