FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – As Alexa’s Bus visited the BC Peace Region this past weekend, the Integrated Road Safety Unit from Prince George teamed up with members from Dawson Creek and Fort St. John for a three day traffic enforcement blitz.
From November 17th to November 19th, the RCMP targeted impaired driving, distracted driving, and aggressive driving, to name a few. With the help of the Alexa’s Bus during the three-day campaign, police issued:
- Eight 90-Day Immediate Road Side prohibitions
- Seven 3-Day Immediate Road Side prohibitions
- Two 24-hour prohibitions
- One Criminal Code Prohibited Driver
- Twenty three Speeding Violations
- Four Distracted Driver Charges
- Eight Seatbelt charges
- Four Liquor Act Violations
Thirty-nine notices or orders were issued for various motor vehicle defects, and eighteen of those vehicles were removed from the roads until the identified issues were fixed.