GRANDE PRAIRIE, A.B. – A Fairview man has been charged with a number of drug-related offences after a drug bust in Grande Prairie last week.
On Thursday December 8th, police executed a search warrant in the area of 105 Street and 102 Avenue. During the search, police seized a stolen handgun loaded with ammunition, 27 fentanyl pills, 4 grams of crystal meth, and 21 grams of marijuana.
33 year-old Fairview resident Gregory Elliott has been charged with three counts of Possession of a controlled substance, and one count each of:
- Careless storage of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition
- Possession of a weapon obtained by the commission of an offence
- Possession of a firearm contrary to an order
- Possession of property obtained by crime
A 23 year-old woman was also arrested, and though no charges have been laid police says they are pending.
Elliott remains in police custody and will appear in court in Grande Prairie on Monday, December 12th.