21 C
Fort St. John
Monday, May 20, 2019
9924 101 ave Fort St. John, B.C.
Home News Peace River North Elementary Schools now accepting Kindergarten Registration for 2017-2018

Peace River North Elementary Schools now accepting Kindergarten Registration for 2017-2018


FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – School District 60 has announced they are now accepting registrations for Kindergarten next year.

Children who are 5-year-old by December 31st, 2017 are eligible to be registered for Kindergarten classes at their local schools.

The School District says registration will take place at Elementary Schools during regular business hours. They are also asking that you register at your home school.

“Please register directly at your home school. If you are uncertain of the school boundaries (catchment areas) please contact the nearest school or check our School Catchment Locator. To maximize the opportunity that your child will be accommodated at your local school it is strongly recommended that you register at your earliest convenience.”

French Immersion Kindergarten will be available at École Central Elementary School of the Arts only. SD 60 is asking that you please call the school (250-785- 4511) for further information about the French Immersion program. For students entering Grade One, French Immersion is also a possibility at École Central depending on space.

Busing will be provided for rural Kindergarten programs. You are asked to call your school to find out specific details.

To register, you must:

  • Bring your child’s Birth Certificate
  • Proof of residence. This can be provided through any of the following:
  • Driver’s License
  • Utility Bill
  • Mortgage Statement
  • Credit Card Invoice
  • BCID
  • Municipal Tax bill
  • Rental Agreement
  • Notary Authorized Letter

If you have any further questions, contact: Mr. Stephen Petrucci, Assistant Superintendent at (250) 262-6017.

get the latest news in your inbox



Local Events

Must Read

Carbon tax, desk thumping on agenda in upcoming Alberta legislature session

EDMONTON, A.B. - Alberta Premier Jason Kenney's government heads to the legislature this week to make noise with an ambitious legislative agenda while trying...