FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Pro North Heating Inc. from Fort St. John has been awarded the tender for mechanical upgrades at the North Peace Arena.
Their bid came in at $312,668.00. The four other bids were as follows:
- C. Chandler Contracting Celtic Construction Ltd. – $343,812.06
- WL Construction Ltd. – $347,000.00
- Zwick Plumbing & Heating (2007) Ltd. – $365,000.00
- Trainor Mechanical Contractors Ltd. – $397,000.00
Work that needs to be completed at the area is as follows:
- Removal and disposal of existing radiant heaters on west and south side of arena stands
- Supply and install new tube heaters on west and south side of arena stands
- Supply and install an A20GG Outdoor Munter Dehumidifier Unit
- The modification of gas piping
- Supply and install structural steel frame and piling
Tenders for the award were accepted until 2:00 pm local time on Tuesday May 9, 2017.
The city says that in the 2017 Capital Budget, Facilities was allocated $245,000 for heaters and HVAC unit and $100,000 for dehumidification unit for the North Peace Arena Upgrades. These amounts, totalling $345,000, were supplied by the Peace River Agreement Reserve.
If Fort St. John Council approve the project, work is scheduled to begin on July 15, 2017 with a scheduled completion date of September 15 of 2017.