FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Fort St. John Huskies will be hosting a pancake breakfast and skate on Saturday as part of Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada.
The breakfast will kickstart a day’s worth of events at the Pomeroy Sports Centre with the proceeds going towards the upcoming Alberta Junior B Provincials in late March.
‘It’s a good thing to be involved with,” said General Manager Jeremy Clothier. “Our team is a community-based organization that tries to give back where we can. We rely on the community to support us through sponsorship and fan attendance, so to give back always feels good.”
A plate of two pancakes and sausages plus a drink will cost $5, with each item going for an additional $1. Admission is a non-perishable food item that can be dropped off at the Visitor Centre. Prize draws will also be available.
The full list of events can be viewed below:
- 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Pancake Breakfast with the Huskies (in the West Meeting Room)
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Skate with the Huskies
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Youth Stick & Puck (no games, just puck handling and some shooting)
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Noon Hour Drop in Hockey (Ages 16+, full gear required)
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Sledge Hockey (Helmets, gloves and upper hockey gear)
- 3:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. – Parent & Child Stick & Puck (no games, just puck handling and some shooting)