FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. — Fort St. John & District Chamber of Commerce wants to hear from members ahead of a planned meeting later this month between Chamber president Nelson Stowe and several provincial ministers.
On February 22nd, Stowe will be meeting with five members of Premier John Horgan’s cabinet:
- Carole James – Minister of Finance and Deputy Premier
- Bruce Ralston – Minister of Jobs, Trade, and Technology
- Harry Bains – Minister of Labour
- George Heyman – Minister of Environment and Climate Change Strategy
- Doug Donaldson – Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations, and Rural Development
The Chamber said that more meetings may also be added to the schedule.
“Priority issues that we feel relevant to our community include supporting natural resource projects & pipelines, levelling the playing field when out of province contractors bid on BC based projects, and health services,” said Stowe. “We continue to work hard advocating for our members at all levels of government.”
President and CEO of the BC Chamber of Commerce Val Litwin has organized getting northern Chambers to bring their voices to meet with members of the provincial government to voice their concerns.
Chamber members can contact Executive Director Lilia Hansen by email email@example.com with issues they want Stowe to raise during the discussions.