GRANDE PRAIRIE, A.B. – A Grande Prairie man is due to appear in court today after he was arrested last week following a firearms complaint.
The RCMP received the complaint at around 1:45 p.m. last Thursday of a man making threats with a gun at a home south of Grande Prairie. Police arrived on scene before the male suspect attempted to flee.
The man was quickly arrested and taken into custody with the help of Police Dog Services. A search warrant was executed at the home resulting in the seizure of weapons and ammunition.
18 year-old Grande Prairie resident Collin Strand has been charged with the following 12 Criminal Code offences:
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Careless use of a firearm
- Pointing a firearm
- Using a firearm in the commission of an offence
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing possession is unauthorized
- Extortion without firearm
- Assault with a weapon
- Uttering threats
- Forcible confinement
Strand is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, February 26th. Police said they would not further comment on the incident as it is now before the court.