FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Fort St. John Flyers opponent for the North Peace Hockey League finals remains up in the air.
In the best-of-seven Eastern Division final, the Falher Pirates held a 3-0 advantage early last week, but the High Prairie Regals clawed their way back into the series after winning a pair of games over the weekend. Game 6 is set for tomorrow night in High Prairie and if necessary, Game 7 will be played on Thursday in Falher. Both games are set to start at 8:30 p.m.
“The team that comes out of there will still be in game shape,” said General Manager Lee Hartman. “We haven’t played for almost two weeks. I think they will have an advantage the first couple games. Both teams are high scoring and we will have to be ready for that.”
The Flyers haven’t been in game action since a 6-4 win over the Grande Prairie Athletics nearly two weeks ago.
The schedule for the NPHL finals is as follows,
- Saturday, March 3rd Regals/Pirates at Flyers
- Tuesday, March 6th Flyers at Regals/Pirates
- Thursday, March 8th Regals/Pirates at Flyers
- Saturday, March 10th Flyers at Regals/Pirates
- Tuesday, March 13th Regals/Pirates at Flyers*if necessary
- Thursday, March 15th Flyers at Regals/Pirates*if necessary
- Saturday, March 17th Regals/Pirates at Flyers*if necessary