SURREY, B.C. – Additional charges have been approved against 36 individuals connected to an organized crime group operating in Peace Region.
In July 2015, the Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit of British Columbia, North District Office, began an investigation into street and mid-level drug traffickers operating primarily in the Peace.
This investigation is now before the courts and has resulted in the following charges, convictions and related sentences:
- A total of 36 Accused persons had criminal charges against them approved by the
Public Prosecution Service of Canada
- A total of 120 Criminal Charges were approved and laid by PPSC
- 21 Accused have either been found guilty or pleaded guilty
- 6 Accused are still to be sentenced
- 5 Accused were either found not guilty or a stay of proceedings was entered on
their charges by PPSC
- 6 Accused are awaiting trial or waiting for a trial continuation
- Approximately 4300 days of jail time has been handed out to the 15 accused that
have already received their sentence
Out of the accused, four currently have outstanding warrants for their arrest:
- Alena WALLACE, DOB: 1990-02-19
- Paul DEL GROSSO, DOB: 1979-03-04
- Danick LEGER, DOB: 1995-10-14
- Jamie CORMIER, DOB: 1991-12-04
Police say the locations of the four individuals facing outstanding arrest warrants is unknown at this time.
Anyone with information on their locations is asked to contact local police or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.