CHETWYND, B.C. – Carver announcements have been posted for the 2020 Chetwynd International Chainsaw Carving Championship.
Since the start of the competition 16 years ago the competition has been held on the second weekend of June. This free family-friendly weekend event starts Thursday, June 11th and runs through to Sunday, June 14th, 2019.
This years line up of carver’s posted to the CICCC include;
- Dayton Scoggins, Mississippi, USA
- Brandon Kroon, Australia
- Ryan Cook, British Columbia, Canada
- Takao Hayashi, Japan
- Chris Foltz, Oregon USA
- Liam Tromans, Chemainus, B.C., Canada
- Michael Tamoszus, Saulgau, Germany
- Jake Swanson, Lowell, Vermont, USA
- Kevin Lewis, Courtenay, B.C., Canada
- Chris Wood, Newport, Wales
- Brandon Wilson, Jay, Vermont, USA
- Ryan Villiers, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Community Interviews with Moose FM
12 carvers are selected to attend the competition, with four International artists, four Americans and four Canadians. These carvers are then provided with a 40-50 inch diameter by 8 foot tall western red cedar and given 35 hours to complete a sculpture of their own design.
Chetwynd is home to nearly 200 sculptures thanks to this annual event.
FB Page; CLICK HERE